Palak Dal recipe is healthy and delicious dish in Indian cuisine. spinach dal curry is means a lentils is cook with Palak (spinach) and with Indian spices.
Palak Dal recipe is most fabulous dish is commonly cooked in every Indian houses. In Palak Dal spices are mildly used by this recipe will be more delicious and super dish.
Spinach dal recipe has many variations and different style to cook in every houses in India. Palak and Dal is best combination of dish with spices, green chillies, red chilli powder.
Palak Dal recipe dish is can make with moong Dal or toovar dal, but Palak Dal is mostly cook with toovar Dal.
Palak dal recipe is healthiest dish in indian cuisine. Palak dal recipe is famous and popular dish in indian houses.
All ingredients are used in this recipe is healthy for human body. Palak dal is also cook in wedding and special parties.
In Spinach dal recipe dish you can also add lemon juice Or tarimand puree in dish for different taste like sour Or tanginess taste. Many of them cook palak dal instant pot and some of in pressure cooker.
But i prefer to cook in pressure cooker for fast cook. Spinach dal is in andhra pradesh Or Telangana regions dish called as palakura pappu recipe.
Palakura pappu is made with basic ingredients which common in house like turmeric, red chili powder, dal, spinach, ginger-garlic paste, etc.
How to make a palak dal on Andhra (palakura pappu)?
Palakura pappu is made with simple ingredients but more.
Take a cooker add oil add chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste in pan cook until golden color. Add a chopped tomatoes in pan cover with lid, cook for 5 minutes. After that add cooked dal and spinach in pan, tamarind paste, add sambar masala, salt, red chilli powder cover with cooker lid and cook in medium flame for 4-5 whistles.
Take a pan add a oil in pan add add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilli powder. This ingredients for tadka Or fry.
You can also cook in instant pot difference is that replace a pressure cooker with pan. It’s takes a time to cook. Tadka process is same.
Tips for Palak dal :-
- Spinach:- Use a green and fresh palak (spinach) in dish for best taste. You can also use a spinach puree or chopped spinach (palak). But I using a chopped spinach in dish.
- Dal(lentils):- dal is main ingredients in palak dal recipe. You can use a any types of lentils but tuvhar dal, moong dal or chana dal is used commonly. Can also use in 2 combination of dal in dish.
- Tomatoes: use a fresh and red tomatoes in dish. 1 or 2 tomatoes is enough for this dish.
- Spices:- In every Indian dish spices plays a main or important role of taste and fragrance. Use only basic spice ingredients in palak dal recipe. Spices like turmeric powder, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli powder, coriander powder. Only.
- Taramind:- I’m using a taramind in this dish for little of tanginess taste. You can also skip this ingredients in dish. Can also use a lemon juice instead of tarmind.
- This dish is serves with rotis, jeera rice, basmati rice.
Benefits from palak dal.
By the palak dal dish more and most healthy dish in Indian cuisine. This dish has a good and great source to health. Palak dal is loaded with great proteins and minerals which most important to human body.
- toovar dal is best and great source of protein and fiber. it’s reduce a risk of heart problems.
- In toovar dal glycemic index is low which is best suitable for diabetics people. Toovar is rich source of carbohydrates which source of energy.
- In toovar dal souce of fiber which helps in gastric problems like constipation.
- In toovar dal b-complex vitamins which converts a metabolism into energy. Toovar dal also rich in phosphorus which make bones and teeth strong.
Spinach (palak) :-
- Spinach is great source of iron it is best and more healthy for everyone.
- Spinach is rich in insoluble fiber which is helps for heart and liver.
- In spinach is great in beta carotene, Xanthene and lutein which is improve a eyes retina power and helps in irritation of eye.
Palak Dal recipe
- 300 grams chopped palak spinach
- 150 grams toovar dal
- 3 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chili powder.
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup tarmind paste
- 4 green chilies
- 3 cups water
- 3 tbsp oil
- 3 dried red chilies
- Take Pressure cooker Add 3 cups of water, chopped Spinach, and toovar dal, add red chilli powder, chopped green chillies, coriander powder, salt, tarmind paste in cooker and mix well.
- After that check that spinach and toovar dal cook properly in cooker.
- Take pan add 3 tsp of oil in pan, add cumin seeds, dried red chillies, add chopped onions fry for golden color.
- Now pour a cooker spinach toovar dal in pan and add ½ cup of water in pan and stir well. Cook for 10 minutes in medium flame.
- After that dish is ready to eat.