Kashmiri Rogan Josh | Rogan josh recipe
Kashmiri Rogan josh style recipe is a lovely and delicious dish in mutton curries. There are many mutton curries but this rogan josh recipe best and awesome recipe to eat. Mutton pieces are cooked with Indian spices until the oil leaves the curry.
Kashmiri rogan josh recipe is made with simple ingredients in a different style. Rogan josh dish mostly cooked in north Indian regions like Kashmir State.
Hilly area people especially and commonly cooked this recipe because spices and ingredients used to make a human body warm and there are many health benefits from the recipe.
Preparation of mutton rogan josh recipe meat is braised in a gravy of ginger-garlic and aromatic spices like cinnamon sticks, cardamon, cloves, bay leaf. Rogan josh dish is spicy, hot and delicious spicy because spices and ingredients used in the recipe make a spicy.
The aroma of the dish is made mouth-watering and the taste is extraordinary. I’m especially recommended to cook this recipe in a slow cooking method because cooking in a pressure cooker not perfect will get.
What’s in a rogan josh recipe?
Rogan means oil or butter and josh means to boil or abrasive. Rogan josh means that oil separates the curry by slow cooking. Rogan josh is slowly cooking the method recipe. In a dish, meat is slowly cooked in oil and spices.
Many of them use pressure cooked to skip slowly cooking. But to perfect taste and best cooking slow process is super. Meat is cooked in warm spices like cinnamon, cardamom, bay leaf, fennel’s seeds.
kashmiri rogan josh recipe is only cooked on special occasions like ceremonies, wedding. There are many mutton curries in the world but this recipe is one of the best and unique recipes in Kashmiri cuisine.
Kashmiri rogan josh recipe is introduced by Mughals in ancient times in Kashmir and the dish is influenced by Persian cuisine.
Tips before buy meat:
1. It is very important to note for good and better quality meat for health. If you buying meat from the supermarket it is necessary to check the expiry date on the meat pack.
2. Meat should be fresh and meat colour should be red, not blackish. Many people take lamb meat to cook a rogan josh.
Read more: Matar paneer masala
Benefits of kashmiri rogan josh recipe.
There are many benefits from rogan josh in a dish there are many ingredients which gives many health benefits are:
1. Meat: Meat is a great source of protein that is used in building muscles, bones and skin. Protein repairs tissues in the body and plays an important role in developing hormones regulations and the development of cells.
Goat meat consumption is lower the risk of blood vessels and stabilises a heartbeat. Vitamin B in goat meat found as commonly helps to burn fat in the body. Omega fatty acid is also founded in meat which very beneficial for children.
Vitamin B12 is present in Goat meat which helps from stress and depression. Goat meat is good to contain calcium which develops bones and muscles. Meat is lower in saturated fats and higher in protein which is very good for a diet plan.
2. Spices: some many minerals and vitamins are presents in spices best for health. Mace has rich in iron and iron is good for building nerves.
Cinnamon helps diabetic people by reducing glucose level in the body. Cloves help to stimulate the creation of digestion enzymes and helps in the digestion system and also reduce digestive problems.
In cardamon, vitamin A is presented which prevents vision problems like night blindness and macular degeneration.
Rogan Josh recipe
- 500 gram Mutton
- 7 onions
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp red chili powder
- ½ cup curd
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 3 cloves lavang
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 green cardamon
- salt as per taste
- 4 cups water
- Take a pressure cooker add oil to it and heat it.
- Now add cinnamon stick, green cardamom, bay leaf, cloves roast it for 5 minutes.Add chopped onions and saute until the golden colour.
- After that add the ginger-garlic paste in it salutes until the raw smell in medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder in it mix well. Now add mutton pieces mix well until the mutton colour change
- Add curd and mix well. Cook until gravy starts leaving oil.
- After the whistles turn off the flame and reduce the stream and remove the lid.
- Check that mutton pieces get tender. Add a coriander leaves. Rogan josh mutton is ready to serves.
May be you also like: Best Palak Paneer recipe | Palak Paneer recipe