Chicken korma recipe | chicken korma curry
Chicken korma recipe is most famous and creamy dish in Indian cuisine.
Chicken korma is delicious dish made with onions, nuts, Indian spices and many more ingredients are used to make fantastic recipe.
Such a lovely color texture of the dish. Speciality in this recipe is vegetables and chicken is cooked or simmers in cured and this thing make this recipe unique and wonderful dish. Taste of the chicken korma curry is creamy and saucy because two main ingredient are used cured or yoghurt and nuts.
Nuts paste gives heavy thicker gravy and texture of the dish is awesome and spicy too. Chicken korma recipe is originated from indian subcontinent and most popular from Mughals times.
Easy Chicken korma recipe is one of the best recipe in chicken recipes specially in india. This recipe made in different style like Hyderabadi chicken korma recipe, Andhra, kerala, punjabi based in different regions. In hyderabadi chicken korma recipe has a authentical cooking style in India in that they use south india special spices to make chicken korma
In kerala regions coconut is main used to cook by Coconut taste will be different. And everyone knows about Indian spices this is magic ingredients in every indian dishes.
In chicken korma curry yoghurt or cured and nuts are main ingredient to make recipe. chicken korma curry dish will be thickness by nuts for better creamy texture. Chicken korma is serves in every indian restaurant by same ingredients by different taste.
In many restaurants also have to use cream for more creamy and tasty but by using cream in recipe taste of the dish will be lightly sweeter. You can also avoid or skip cream in dish. i
In my opinion dish will be different taste and aroma of the chicken korma will more attractive towards the dish. This recipe also my best recipe in my favourite dish.
What is chicken korma recipe?
Chicken korma or chicken qorma is originated in indian subcontinent regions. Chicken korma is most commonly cooked in india, Bangladesh and Pakistan regions.
Recipe consisting meat and vegetables are simmers in cured, spices and water. Cook until the thicker gravy.
Origin of chicken korma recipe
This traditional recipe is originally comes from Mughals dynasty in indian subcontinents regions. Mughals are introduced this recipe in indian regions.
Many years Mughals are ruled India between 10th-16th centuries before British ruled. Mughals introduced many different types recipe like biryani, korma, and many more recipe. And korma is one of that recipes.
Originally called a qorma name came from urdu language common word speaking in urdu community. This recipe also have unique history from ancient times in world. Every one knows that chicken korma recipe is invented or discovered by Mughals. And this recipe is famous all around the world, but in India this recipe is most cooked as also popular. Chicken korma has a many varieties like Hyderabadi chicken korma recipe, lucknowi chicken korma recipe etc. But commonly in south Indian regions Hyderabadi chicken korma recipe is famous as much.
You may also read.
Chicken korma recipe
- 1 Kg Chicken
- 2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 green cardamon
- 5 cashew nuts
- 5 almonds
- 1 cup curd
- 2 onions
For korma curry
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamon
- 1 inch cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaf
- ¼ salt
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- . Take a bowl add chicken pieces, red chili powder, ginger-garlic paste, salt, garam masala, 1 tsp oil in bowl and mix well and keep for marination for minimum 2 hours.
- Take a pan add 1 tbsp oil in pan. Add 3 cardamon and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add a chopped onions in pan and fry until dark golden color.
- Add a cashews nuts and almonds in pan and fry for 5 minutes or brown color of cashews nuts.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside for cool. After cool add this in blender jar and add 1 cup of cured in jar and blend into smooth paste. Keep it aside.
- Take pan add 1/2 tbsp oil in pan add cardamon, cinnamon sticks, bay leafs fry them for 5 minutes.
- Now add a marinated chicken pieces in pan and mix well for 10 minutes in low flame.
- Add a onion paste in pan and mix well in low flame.
- After that add 2 cups of water in pan and cover with lid and cook for 10 minutes in low flame.
- After slow cook add coriander powder, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder and salt in pan. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the flame garnish with coriander leaves.
- Chicken korma is ready to eat.
Maybe you also like: Aloo Gobi Masala | 2+ Benefits from it