Aloo Matar Sabji | Aloo mutter recipe
Aloo matar sabji is delicious and popular dish in indian regions. In aloo matar curry potatoes and green peas are cooked in onions tomatoes gravy with spices. Aloo mutter recipe can cook in fast and quickly without any hard process.
This dish can cook in hurry time or emergency time. Aloo mutter recipe is spicy and flavourful recipe by there unique taste and texture. Really spices make this recipe unique style and taste.
Aloo and matar is most famous and prefect combination of dish to cook. Aloo matar sabji is simple dish as like aloo gobi this dish is also simple and unique taste.
This recipe is made with basic and few ingredients which is easy available in your kitchen. This aloo matar is simple dish which dish commonly cooked and famously available in every North restaurants.
Aloo matar ki sabji Specially in Delhi, Punjab regions this dish is most famous. This dish tomato saucy and potato pieces a is tender and juicy taste.
What is a aloo matar sabji?
Aloo matar means aloo = potatoes and matar =green peas. Aloo mutter recipe is popular dish in Indian and punjabi cuisine. This recipe is invented in pujabi regions. Aloo and matar is cooked in tomato gravy and taste of the dish is juicy pieces of potatoes and saucy tomatoes gravy. In most of the India cuisine dish is cooked with potatoes and tomatoes gravy like aloo gobi etc.
Aloo mutter recipe is made with potatoes, green peas, ginger, garlic, tomatoes, onions, red chilli powder and Indian spices. This dish is friendly recipe for making this recipe no need to expertise in cooking because this dish is simple and easy to cook.
Read more: Mutton korma recipe | shahi mutton korma
Tips to aloo matar ki sabji?
Green peas:- You can use fresh green peas in dish or you can also use frozen green peas. While cooking make sure do not over cook a peas in dish. Not be a over mushy.
Potatoes:- Cut a potatoes in medium size e to dish. Do not cut potato cube in large they do not cook properly. Cut in medium size of potatoes to cook in perfect in time. And specially do not cut small size because they fastly mushy in dish. You can also boiled a potatoes pieces separately to fast a cooking process. You just add boiled potatoes in time.
Tomatoes:- Take 2 fresh tomatoes in dish to make dish tasty and good texture. Make a tomatoes purees and add in dish for gravy.
Spices:- Take a spices which basic available at home. I added cumin seeds, turmeric powder, garam masala. You can also add sabi masala which is easily available in market.
Benefits of aloo matar ki sabji :-
There is lots of benefits from aloo matar sabji this dish is commonly cooked recipe. In aloo matar there are ingredients which helps to health.
- In potatoes there are nutrients and minerals which helps to human in different ways.
- In phosphorus, magnesium and calcium are present in potatoes which helps in development of bone and improves a bone structure.
- Potassium are also present in potatoes which makes a low sodium in blood and it’s helps in risk of blood pressure. Fiber are also present in potato which helps in to reduce cholesterol from blood and improves a heart related problems.
- Green peas:- in green peas have many antioxidants and nutrients which is important to health.
- Fiber which is present in peas which helps in reduce risk of developing gastrointestinal diseases like inflammatory bowel disease.
- In peas contain a flavonols, vitamin c and carotenoids which reduces heart disease and stroke problems and it has ability to prevent cells damage in heart.
- Green peas also helps in cancer problems. In green peas saponins are presents which is known as anti-cancer effects which is lower the many cancer risk. Green peas which controls a sugar levels in blood which is helpful to diabetes.
Aloo matar sabji
- 1 cup Green peas
- 3 Potatoes
- 2 Tomatoes
- 2 onions
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste.
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- ½ tsp turmeric powder.
- 2 tsp red chili powder.
- 1½ tsp garam masala.
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 2 cups water
- Take a pan add 2 cup of water and add potatoes in water and boil a potatoes in water for 10 minutes.
- Take a pan add 2 tbsp oil, add cumin seeds, chopped onions in pan. Cook until the golden color of onion.
- Now add a ginger-garlic paste fry until the raw smell then add turmeric powder in pan.
- Add chopped tomatoes cook until tomatoes get soft. Then add green peas in pan and mix well and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Now add a 2 cups water, red chili powder, salt, coriander powder, garam masala powder in pan and mix well an cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Next add a boiled potatoes in pan and cook for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- After that dish is ready to eat. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Maybe you like: Matar paneer masala